Happy National Coming Out Day! I came out to my family at the beach one time after we got into a heated dispute about how I had eaten all the Terra root vegetable chips! (So chill!) But that’s neither here nor there – if you’re looking for strictly LGBTQ+ vibes on this holiday, head to Stonewall’s rainbow flag ceremony! Or for everything else, look no further than any/all of the below INCLUDING free Freaks & Geeks bingo:
- Kick things off at Catland, where they’re hosting a $20 crash-course in mediumship, seances and other ghastly business!
- You can also head to the Pancakes & Booze Art Show, which kicks off today and will feature live art, live body painting, a free pancake bar and more! Tickets are $15-$20.
- For tunes, hit up Rough Trade for a $12 Max Frost show!
- AND Shoffy’s at Mercury Lounge for $15!
- More into The California Honeydrops? Catch ’em at Bowery Ballroom for $20!
- Plus Bette Smith’s got an album release gig at Baby’s All Right for $15…
- …OR see Katy Perry and Noah Cyrus at Barclays Center for $30+!
- Don’t mind a trip out to Jersey City? Get to White Eagle Hall for a $25 Best Coast and Field Mouse show!
- Comedy-wise, head to Union Hall for a real good lineup of I’m New Here w/ Jon Ronson, Maeve Higgins, John Hodgman Aparna Nancherla and MORE for $12.
- And at UCB Chelsea, it’s Jo Firestone’s Unexpectashow for just $5!
- Meanwhile, tonight’s Drunk Education is at Littlefield for $8, and the theme is MONSTERS! Meredith Graves is one of the guests // GO!
- Just wanna watch movies? Catch The Shining and The Dead Zone at Metrograph.
- Too broke? Watch Pet Sematary for free at Brooklyn Bazaar!
- PLUS it’s Freaks & Geeks bingo at Videology, and as always, it’s FREE!