HAPPY HALLOWEEN, MOTHERFUCKERS! (I mean “motherfuckers” as a term of absolute endearment, PS.) Tons to do tonight if you’re looking for anything outside the expected realm of booze ‘n candy, including haunted parties, spooky shows ‘n plenty of movie screenings, like A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, aka our GIF theme du jour! DETAILS:
- First, it’s the Halloween Parade tonight! I would not recommend it if you get claustrophobic, but if you can handle crowds it’s a fun time!
- Tunes-wise, it’s Elsewhere’s opening party w/ a show from Battles tonight! Tickets are $35.
- Although it’s tough to think of a better Halloween show than one w/ GWAR at Irving Plaza // tickets are $28+!
- Meanwhile, Knockdown Center is transforming into a Haunted Hop ft. performances by Shannon & The Clams, Kid Congo and more! Tickets are $25!
- And George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic will be at BB King Blues Club for $50!
- Plus Giraffage will be at Music Hall of Williamsburg for $22…
- …and Pell will be at Rough Trade for $15!
- More into Primus? Get to Brooklyn Steel for a $55 show!
- For spooky movie vibes, get to Metrograph for a 9pm screening of The Shining…
- …or $4 screenings of Halloween at Syndicated…
- …OR Brooklyn Heights Library’s screening of A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night!
- I should also mention it’s Rocky Horror Picture Show Live Karaoke at the Bell House for $10-$15!
- Or pop over to Catland for Hooves & Horns: A Satyr’s Samhain ft. costumes, group rituals, tarot, tunes by A Place Both Wonderful And Strange, cocktails and MORE! Tickets are $15.